The GT511C3 Optical Fingerprint Scanner Module with JST SH Connector is a high-performance fingerprint scanner. Which is useful for to access control, security, identification, and convenience. This optical sensor module is designed for easy integration into applications with serial interface (UART). We need two wires are for TX and RX and two wires for power supply (5V).
There are four types of fingerprint scanner: the optical scanner, the capacitance scanner, the ultrasonic scanner, and the thermal scanner. The GT511C3 Fingerprint Scanner Module is an optical scanner module. This optical scanner takes a visual image using a digital camera.
The pictures of the fingerprints are processed onboard by the fingerprint algorithm (low power 32-bit ARM Cortex-M3 processor) and convert it into strings of data. These so-called ‘templates’ are residing on the module configured as a USB mass storage device. They can store and share through a database with other modules in a network, allowing easy enrollment of many users.
The main difference between GT511C3 and GT521F52 is fingerprint storage capacity.
The Difference between GT511C3 and GT521F32 is :
1. The scanner is horizontal: 258 x 202 pixels 1. The scanner is vertical: 202 x 258 pixels
2. Wake up on finger touch 2. No wake up on finger touch
3. Anti-scratch with surface high hardness 3. No anti-scratch with surface high hardness
- Ultra-thin Optical Sensor.
- High-accuracy & high-speed fingerprint identification technology.
- Works well with dry, moist or rough fingerprints.
- 200 fingerprints storage.
- Easy one-touch enrollment.
- 1: 1 verification, 1: N identification.
- Reading & writing fingerprint template(s) (i.e. processed data) from/to the device.
- Downloading the raw bitmap image from the device (catalog fingerprints).Package Includes :
1 x GT511C3 Optical Fingerprint Scanner Module.
1 x Connecting Cable (12 cm).
click to download Device Test Software and Tutorial
Arduino with GT511C3: https://github.com/sparkfun/Fingerprint_Scanner-TTL